At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
- Ensure that Avigilon produces the highest quality, easiest to use products in the surveillance industry
- Continually improve the quality of Avigilon’s hardware and software products through the creation, execution, and maintenance of comprehensive test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Recruit, manage, train and evaluate the performance of Firmware Validation Team personnel
- Mentor Firmware Validation Team personnel to grow their career and develop new skills
- Drive productivity and efficiency via automation and metrics
- Responsible for the timely investigation, triage, and replication of reported issues
- Interact regularly with support, development, and product management teams to solve challenging problems
- Work with external companies to deliver additional capabilities and capacity to the Firmware Validation Team
- Develop processes and metrics to ensure Firmware Validation Team is operating efficiently and productively
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant field such as computer science or computer engineering
- High level of programming proficiency in Python
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting capability
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in System Test, Functional Test and Test Automation
- Experience leading software developers, and managing people
- A team player with creative and innovative approaches to solving challenges
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment, providing strong leadership skills and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Superior written and verbal communications skills; comfortable at public speaking and presenting to a large audience
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Experience with surveillance and security products
- Proven ability to lead and manage testing and quality assurance organizations
- Demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating and executing test projects
- Working experience with Test Automation tools and frameworks
- In-depth understanding of cameras, networking, digital imaging, photography, and AV coding
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!