Social Media Coordinator
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!
- Draft, edit, post and schedule social media content, including drafting copy and creating various forms of content including photos, gifs and short-form videos
- Manage a social media content calendar that is regularly updated
- Engage customers and partners through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube
- Monitor, assess and share social media results on a regular basis as they relate to Marketing goals and objectives
- Participate in and influence the development of social media and community support strategies
- Track the growth and impact of our social activities and monitor trends, best practices and techniques around social media
- Identify sensitive issues and potential escalations on social media
- Execute daily community management best practices, aiming to respond to comments and inquiries within 24 hours
- Provide strategic advice around social media activities
- Monitor emerging social media tools to see how they can be incorporated into Avigilon’s marketing strategies
- Diploma or degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 1-2 years of experience in corporate marketing and/or communications environment
- Strong experience with social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube for business purposes
- Experience working with popular social media management tools such as Sprout Social, TweetDeck or Hootsuite
- Strong analytical skills to be able to interpret social media and other online data to react to issues and other concerns that may affect a company’s image or profit
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Google Suite required
- Self-starting team member able to work with minimal supervision to prioritize and meet conflicting deadlines
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- A high degree of independent thinking and judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Experience and knowledge working with HTML and/or XML
- Salesforce and SAP experience a bonus
- Experience and knowledge working with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Experience working with DSLR cameras and/or mirrorless camera systems
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.