At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
- Plan, design, document and perform tests for software and hardware products
- Develop, maintain and execute automated tests for software and hardware products
- Design and develop tools or simulators to facilitate testing for software and hardware products
- Identify, reproduce and report actual or potential product defects
- Provide detailed configuration, reproduction steps, and descriptions for defect tracking
- Assist product development engineers in the diagnosis and replication of product failures
- Debug, model and characterize product performance and scalability
- Create and maintain documentation on test and development operations
- Provide detailed test planning including scope, resource and timelines
- Liaise between several product development teams to ensure accuracy of process and product quality
- Mentor other employees and Coop students to facilitate the Engineering organization’s goals and objectives
- Lead and drive quality initiatives within project and product quality teams
- Degree or diploma in a computing, science or math discipline
- 8+ years of experience in a Software testing role
- Experience with software development lifecycles and product deliveries
- Experience in a software or hardware testing role in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience designing, writing and executing test cases
- Comfortable setting up and maintaining computer hardware, operating systems and networks to support testing
- Experience with C#, C++, Python, Ruby or another scripting or programming language
- Knowledge of digital imaging, camera technology and concepts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise documentation
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly and independently and work within a team
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Experience with surveillance and security products
- Proven ability to plan, coordinate and execute test projects
- Working experience with Automation tools and frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in software development including code repository and version control
- In-depth understanding of cameras, networking, VM and Cloud technologies
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!