Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent camera surveillance systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
Avigilon’s solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact on the safety of people and businesses globally.
Avigilon’s Engineering Project Management Team has an exciting opportunity for a tenacious and dynamic Software Project Manager to work on the delivery of key products from the company roadmap. Working with an energetic, highly skilled and diverse team within engineering and across several business functions, the Software Project Manager will be responsible for early scoping, planning, innovation, execution, control, and closeout of cutting-edge new camera features and other related software projects built upon the latest and greatest in hardware and systems technologies. Projects are designed and delivered in a fast-paced, and highly collaborative environment, where customer satisfaction and time to market are key success factors. A complementary part of this position will be acting in the role of Scrum Master for one or more feature development teams. As a Software Project Manager and Scrum Master, you have an opportunity to be creative and blaze new territory in navigating projects and teams to success.
- Create complete project schedule and planning documents, including but not limited to: effort estimates, resource requirements, capital costs, and risk management plans
- Establish project milestones and iterations based on risk and priority analysis
- Work with other Project Managers, Product Managers, and Technical Leads to monitor progress and coordinate project and feature dependencies across local and remote groups
- Collaborate with external contractors and 3rd party vendors and suppliers
- Actively monitor project progress, track outstanding issues and risks, chair project meetings, follow up on action items, and provide timely project status updates to engineering management team
- Assist in the creation and coordination of features across Agile scrum teams
- Perform the role of scrum master for one or more scrum teams: facilitate sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- Coach these scrum teams to a higher level of self-organizing maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Utilize Avigilon’s issue-tracking system and existing tools (JIRA, Confluence) for project planning, execution, and tracking; as well as to effectively visualize scrum teams’ work and activity with insights toward sprint level and release level goals
- Facilitate decision-making moments, even during difficult times, and to summarize those decisions, with rationale and assumptions, when communicating them to a wider audience
- Continuously evolve software project management processes to ensure an efficient project lifecycle, borrowing concepts from modern software development methodologies and the community
- Enjoy seeing work carried out to completion, and drives towards getting over the finish line
- Extensive experience with software project management in an Agile environment
- Motivated by seeing teams thrive, and in helping them achieve success through continuous improvements
- Extensive experience guiding, coaching, and educating teams towards product delivery using Scrum and Agile methods, and affecting positive change in process and team dynamics.
- Ability to suggest ways forward and get consensus during difficult conversations
- Can grow trust from stakeholders, partners, and team members, with openness and transparency.
- Experience working in complex, multi-project, multi-team and multi-site environments
- Demonstrated experience in promoting and championing change
- The ability to visualize project progression and anticipate and avoid risks to project success
- Can address and navigate conflict with poise and fairness and knows when to elevate issues
- Good understanding of the Software development process and its project planning challenges
- Energetic, upbeat and fun attitude!
- Self-motivated and proactive with exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a software project management role
- Previous experience as a Scrum Master on several teams
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate, nice to have
- Previous roles in firmware or software development, release management, or maintenance and 3rd party support
- Knowledge of digital imaging/photography and audio/video coding
- A University Degree or Technical Diploma in computer science, software engineering, or a combination of related education and experience
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!