Marketing Coordinator, Graphic Design
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Reporting to Avigilon’s Senior Manager, Multimedia, our ideal candidate is a dynamic individual who is experienced in a wide variety of creative design projects, highly customer-focused, constantly seeking ways to leverage technology for process efficiencies, passionate about holistic brand design across marketing mediums, and curious about the future of artificial intelligence in physical security technologies. The successful candidate becomes part of the Marketing Creative Team, operating as an internal design agency within Avigilon Global Marketing, and based at our corporate headquarters in Vancouver, BC.
- Create/update print marketing materials including promotional flyers, brochures and guides, print ads, case studies and whitepapers, display banners and posters;
- Create/update digital marketing assets including digital/social media ads, event and tradeshow invitations, Google Slides presentations, and custom infographics;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including Product Marketing, Regional Marketing, Event Management, and Communications teams for source content, and the Localization team for translated versions of final materials;
- Respond to requests for logos, high-resolution photos, and custom graphics for websites, news releases, social media, email newsletters, and Google Slides presentations—in particular, ensuring all presentations meet brand standards for compliance, consistency, and quality;
- Manage multiple project timelines, approval processes, deadlines, and stakeholder expectations;
- Develop/maintain well-organized templates, shared assets, source files, and project tracking;
- Actively participate in team meetings/conference calls, inform managers on project status, ask for assistance/approval when required, and support other Marketing Team members; and
- Stay current on features and changes in the software environments you work with on a regular basis.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of work experience in a graphic design role (such as an advertising agency or corporate marketing department) creating materials for both print and digital use
- Highly skilled and experienced with Adobe Creative Cloud software, including at least: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and a working understanding of shared assets, templates, and style libraries;
- Experience with G Suite Apps—at minimum Gmail, Drive, Slides, Docs, and Sheets;
- Proficient in design fundamentals including page layout, vector graphics, photo correction (photography experience a plus), image optimization for multiple mediums, and corporate brand standard compliance;
- Proficient in preparing files for print production, email distribution, and digital/web use with embedded links and cross-references;
- Comfortable with communication—including presenting work—in-person, via phone, email, Google Chat, and Google Meet conference calls;
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including the ability to efficiently prioritize multiple projects with short turnaround times;
- Commitment to our exceptionally high standards for design quality, attention to detail, and meeting fast-paced deadlines;
- Confidence in taking ownership of assigned projects and being dedicated to their success;
- Ambition to think outside the box—while keeping one hand firmly attached to it—challenging both yourself and your teammates; and
- Knowledgeable on latest digital/social marketing trends, best practices, and innovations to make confident strategy recommendations.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, travel medical insurance, and eligibility to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). In addition, employees receive a health spending account to cover additional health care costs of your choosing (vision, dental, RMT etc.).